Here is a list of resources that I use or recommend having found and tried them over the course of time.
Note: None of these links/listings are paid, though some are affiliate links which will help me with a small reward if you signup.
- Shopify for eCommerce engines. It ncludes hosting, support, SSL and a whole range of other essential features which do not come as standard with other solutions. At one point I downloaded all the leading eCom engines and tested them – Shopify was by far the easiest.
- Reviewshake for Review Management. It is the easiest way to source and manage reviews across all major platforms, with a very reasonable price.
- MailChimp for email sending. The best email service provider for small business. Expensive later, but by then you’ll probably be in love with it.
- Siteground for Hosting and emails. My favourite web host. Great service, fast and good technology. Makes a difference for the inevitable hiccups with websites and avoiding spam/attacks.
- Getacopywriter for Outsourced Copy. Getting copy of decent quality, relatively cheaply and consistently is very difficult. Getacopywriter does all of these. Also, their customer service is outstanding!
- WordPress CMS System. Because I tried many other CMS systems and this was the easiest and most reliable, while still being technically strong.
- Wordfence for WP Security. The free version is quite useful and the licensed version ($99 US) helps me sleep at night knowing that most security issues can be picked up quickly or blocked.
- Gmail for Mail. File Sharing. Google is super easy to use, secure and of course, loaded with extra bits that rule out needing to sign up for a bunch of other tools to collaborate on documents and files.